Dos and Don'ts for Your Headshot Wardrobe
10 Essential Tips
The 10 key fashion tips for nailing your headshot wardrobe
When you choose the right headshot wardrobe it can make or break your first impression. The following is a list of Dos and Don’ts for selecting the best headshot wardrobe for your portrait session.
Headshot Wardrobe Dos
- Dress professionally. This doesn’t necessarily mean a suit and tie, or a pencil skirt and blouse, this means dress for your industry. Choose clothing that is appropriate for your job or the position you are seeking and the image you want to convey. Your headshot wardrobe says a lot about you. Does your headshot wardrobe match your personality and the position you want to achieve?
- Wear solid colors. Let’s say that again – Wear. Solid. Colors. Solid colors won’t distract from your face or compete with your background. Stick to the classics such as black, navy, white, or gray.
- Consider your neckline. Choose a neckline that flatters your face. V-necks or scoop necks elongate the neck. High necklines can create a closed off appearance.
- Keep accessories to a minimum. The focus of this portrait should be you. Simple earrings or other jewelry can add a classic touch.
- Fitted tops are flattering. Flowy tops can add visual bulk so form-fitted is the best way to go.
- 3/4 length sleeves are often the most flattering. So many women are concerned with the appearance of their arms. This sleeve length is universally the most attractive. It shows enough of the arm without exposing the entire thing.
- Consider wearing layers. Bring multiple shirts, blazers, and/or jackets.
Headshot Wardrobe Don'ts
- Avoid busy patterns. Especially very small squares can cause strange patterns in digital photography. Large florals or big plaids can distract from the star of the show – YOU! If you choose a pattern make sure it is something that speaks to you and your brand. Use them sparingly!
- Do not wear clothing with brands or logos. You aren’t in the business of advertising for someone else. This headshot is about you! Unless the logo is marketing for your company, leave it in your closet at home.
- Leave shiny clothing at home. Clothing with too much of a shine to it can cause a distraction for your headshots.
Remember, your headshot is how you sell yourself and make your best first impression. Your wardrobe choices can have a significant impact on the overall impression your headshot conveys. Choose clothing that is appropriate for your industry and position, avoid distracting patterns and accessories, keep your look simple and professional, and/or relate it directly to your brand.
How to Prepare for your Maternity Photography Session – Frequently Asked Questions
What to wear, what to bring, how to prepare for your maternity photography session. Your frequently asked questions guide by Dallas Maternity Photographer Laura Levitan of Mod L Photography.
Dos and Don’ts for Your Headshot Wardrobe – 10 Tips
Phone-volume Sms Envelope Dos and Don’ts for Your Headshot Wardrobe 10 Essential Tips The 10 key fashion tips for nailing your headshot wardrobe When you
7 Reasons You Should Invest in Professional Headshots
In today’s digital age, by the time you meet people face to face it’s already too late to make a first impression. Your online presence is often the first time people will make contact with you. One of the best ways to ensure a strong first impression is with high-quality headshots and depending on your platform – branding pictures. Trusting this essential component of your image to a professional is key to your overall success. Here are 7 reasons why you should invest in a quality headshots.
How to Pose Newborns for the Best Results
How to Pose Newborns with Parents How to pose newborns with parents in profile portraits Nothing is cuter than a profile shot of baby with
6 Ways to Leverage Your Headshots and Branding in Dallas
Share on pinterest Pinterest Share on facebook Facebook Share on linkedin LinkedIn Share on email Email Headshots and Branding – What you can do to